Tushar Kanti Mahanti, Kishore Kumar Biswas, Bappaditya Chatterjee, Diptoshree Sengupta
Every time Malti Mandal (36), a homemaker in suburban Kolkata, goes to the market to buy essentials, she finds her fixed budget allowing for lesser quantities than what it did a week ago. The vendors would tell her that the price rise is because of supply shortages and rise in transport costs. She is confused. Then, why did price of rice increase so sharply despite bumper production? Some would say it was partly due to an increase in the minimum support price (MSP) of...
Ramaprasad Goswami At the swearing in ceremony of Nisha Desai Biswal, the newly appointed Assistant Secretary of State for South Asia, John Kerry,...
At an event organized by the MCC Chamber of Commerce and Industry (MCCI) in Kolkata, the Speaker of the Lok Sabha Meira Kumar held the floor on “Women...
By God’s grace, you must have enjoyed the festival season and gained wisdom to live happily, work hard, and observe discipline, unity and harmony. We are all suffering from the tyranny of inflation...
As foretold in BE, Rupee has touched almost Rs. 70 to a dollar. Can you believe it? Former RBI Governor Subba Rao blamed the Government. He said “Domestic Economic structural factors were not good....
GET SUBSCRIPTION FOR 1 MONTH FREE!!
It’s not very often that some of the seniormost bureaucrats of the country take up th cudgels to rub the government on some sensitive issues. But...
NEW YORK (AP) — The stock market is down sharply in early trading as the U.S. federal government appears headed for a partial shutdown.
- Al-Qaida gunmen overrun major Yemen military base
- NY snake salesman to open store, replacing garage
- Tsonga beats Monfils to advance at Japan Open
- Gunmen kill 3 Egyptian policemen, post video of August attack
- Weapons experts arrive in Beirut on way to Syria
- States resist, build nascent insurance markets
- Nairobi morgue's last Kenya mall victim ID'd
- Vatican: Benedict XVI may attend pope canonization
- Brookfield Property seeks to buy Brookfield Office
- Marcella Hazan, famed cookbook author, dies at 89
- Japan's Toshiba to shed 2,000 jobs at foreign TV plants
- Trial set for alleged Navy charity scammer in Ohio
- NYC inmate almost as costly as Ivy League tuition