Tushar Kanti Mahanti
There are as many supporters of FDI in retail as there are adversaries. The country was divided last September over the issue of granting entry to multi-brand retail. Eight months later, the government is still waiting for Walmart, Tesco, Kroger and Carrefour to set up shops. But if the retail chains are still biding their time, the move has paid good dividend – the sentiments of investors abroad has improved. India has received more FDI during the second half of 2012...
The panchayatiraj system and the proposed food security programme together could give a taste of the two things the poor and the...
India received a huge Rs. 1.8 lakh crore investment from Foreign Institutional Investors (FIIs) last fiscal – the highest since 1993, when the doors were...
Bapu Gandhiji- boycott foreign goods India has been noble, tolerant, but it perhaps rejoices inaction. India was called the Golden Bird. So, many had attacked and looted the nation. Now, the nation...
The Prime Minister’s Economic Advisory Council (PMEAC) headed by its Chairman C.Rangarajan has reviewed GDP growth at 6.54% for FY 14 and exports 10% higher at USD 330 billion. Trade deficit is...
GET SUBSCRIPTION FOR 1 MONTH FREE!!
QUITO, Ecuador (AP) — A landslide second re-election secured, President Rafael Correa immediately vowed to deepen the "citizen's revolution" that has lifted tens of thousands of Ecuadoreans out of poverty as he expanded the welfare state.
- Singer Mindy McCready dies in apparent suicide
- West beats East 143-138 in NBA All-Star Game
- Long-missing WWII medal awarded in LA
- 'We've All Been There' wins at short film festival
- Morocco jails 24 over Western Sahara clash in 2010
- French, Malian troops secure rebel strongpoint near Gao
- Egypt president's son drops government job after furore
- Ecuador's Correa in re-election triumph, eyes investment for growth
- Mother Jones reporter wins Polk for Romney story
- Asia stocks mixed, Japan's Nikkei up as yen falls
- Oil falls toward $95 on US, Europe growth fears
- Study: Better TV might improve kids' behavior
- 'Argo,' 'Zero Dark Thirty' win at Writers Guild