Tushar Kanti Mahanti
When pre-historic men first sowed seeds beyond their courtyard, the entrepreneur in them took roots without their knowledge. They were happy as more and more land was brought under crops. They needed more crops to feed themselves – commerce was yet far away. It was some 12,000 years ago and human beings were different in almost every aspect. But surely, they too had enjoyed their entrepreneurial success – if their reaction was different – as did James Watt after the first...
Anirban Das Champa Devi, aged 82, along with her husband Kashi Prasad Agarwal, aged 93, used to live in Kolkata. They had three sons but one died due to...
Tapan Mukherjee & Co. was founded in 2007. The founding Director Chef Tapan Kumar Mukherjee has extensively worked with The Grand Hyatt, The Oberoi and The...
Like the UPA, the NDA has deprioritized the environment sector as the Ministry of Environment and Forestry has got less than 1% of the total budgetary allocation. The Narendra Modi led government has...
To bring out the Indian economy from ICU, the Modi government has taken the conventional route of healing therapies like Yoga and Ayurveda that develop internal immunity of the body rather than going...
GET SUBSCRIPTION FOR 1 MONTH FREE!!
“The idea is to show Kolkata the way it is. To understand a city, you have to go out and walk,” says explorer Ifte, real name Iftekhar...
- Rustam Sengupta’s Boond lights up rural areas in the least expensive way
- Correct positioning and niche hunting have made Bindu Todi, a successful sportswear maker
- Coming out with special centre of excellence in tech and industry verticals
- NDA II’s maiden budget tries to boost start-up businesses
- Making silver the new gold in jewellery
- Rail Budget : Success of FDI, PPP mode is doubted
- Political establishment not in a hurry to rate Modi
ROME (AP) — Italian authorities have discovered 18 bodies in a boat of migrants as rescue operations went into overdrive this weekend, with 3,500 would-be refugees picked up at sea.
- Tropical Storm Cristobal forms near Bahamas
- Islamic authority: Extremists no 'Islamic State'
- Egypt president denies Libya military intervention
- Roche to buy U.S. biotech firm InterMune for $8.3 billion
- Jets' Patterson goes AWOL, hasn't spoken to team
- Panthers QB Newton has hairline rib fracture
- Hwang, Choi beat Chicago as South Korea wins LLWS
- The latest on damaging earthquake in California
- Reports: Bradford out for season with ACL tear
- Actor-director Richard Attenborough dies at 90
- Nominees share Emmy-day rituals, perspectives
- Mahan comes up with timely victory at The Barclays
- Berlin says nothing changes with France after government change